You are hereHome » Piketty in Australia
Piketty in Australia
The French political economist, Thomas Piketty, will be speaking in Sydney on 23 October and in Melbourne on 28 October.
Thomas Piketty's Sydney talk is at the Opera House and is titled: 'Is Increasing inequality inevitable? Reflections on Capital in the 21st Century', and will also feature him in conversation with Andrew Leigh. The Melbourne event is being hosted by Monash University. The other sponsors are the University of Melbourne and M. H. Carnegie and Co.
- For Sydney tickets (23 October): Sydney Opera House [This event is sold out: standing room only tickets may still be available]
- For Melbourne tickets (28 October): Monash Business School
For the latest data on wealth inequality in Australia, see Evatt's new report:
For further reading about Thomas Piketty & his work, see:
- Piketty's political economy
- Piketty v. Marx
- Has capitalism run its course?
- Being Piketty
- Thomas Piketty: The book of the moment (for a plethora of references with links)
- Battlers & Billionaires (by Andrew Leigh)